EUNICEM SP1 Powder is a powdered superplasticizer/water reducing agent for concrete and cement based grouts. It is particularly useful for imparting extreme workability to cementitious mixes. It can be utilized to eect large water reductions to provide normal workability to achieve higher early and subsequent strengths. Low shrinkage grouts can also be obtained by effecting water reductions without decreasing flow characteristics. EUNICEM SP1 Powder is an extremely powerful deflocculating agent and operates by dispersing cement into its primary particles which dramatically increases the flow characteristics of the cement paste. EUNICEM SP1 Powder is formulated from carefully selected raw materials and is manufactured under controlled conditions to give a consistent product. It is based on the soluble salt of a polymeric sulphonate and, when formulated, conforms to Type A, D or F materials of ASTM C494 and complies with BS 5075: Part 1: and BS5075 Part III: 1985.
EUNICEM SP1 Powder can be used with all types of Portland cement. For use with special cements we recommend that you consult our technical department.
• Can be used in dry mix concrete or cement based powders to get better workability or lower w/c ratio.
• Substantial increase in workability can be obtained by a direct addition of EUNICEM SP1 Powder to a mix having a slump in the range 50 – 100mm. The magnitude of this increase is often such that the concrete becomes self-compacting and no vibration is required to achieve a dense and void-free concrete.
• High strength mixes can be produced at normal workability and cement contents, but at reduced Water / cement ratios. The resultant mix is of a dense and impermeable nature.
• At the recommended dosage, the effect onsetting time is slight and will not normally aect stripping times of formwork.
• Concretes containing EUNICEM SP1 Powder has been extensively evaluated and have shown no disadvantage in terms of durability or detrimental effects.
• EUNICEM SP1 Powder is particularly valuable in cement based grouts where a reduction in the water / cement ratio in the region of 20 - 25% can be obtained, which is reflected in higher strengths and reduced bleeding